TriStar is dedicated to serving our clients.
Our team wants to create a retirement plan that works for its clients and their employees. Whether it’s designing a new retirement plan or taking over an existing plan, we can help you reach your retirement goals. We’ll take you down a road that maximizes benefits, reduces plan costs, and maintains the direction of the business. View our list of services for defined contribution and defined benefit plans below:
Selecting, customizing and implementing a plan can be a complex process. Our professional staff will guide you through each step of the process including:
- Review the employer’s controlled group and/or affiliated service group situation.
- Design a plan tailored to the needs of the owners, employees and the business itself.
- If we are taking over a plan already in existence, we will review the existing plan provisions and if needed recommend changes to fully meet the employer’s goals and objectives.
- Prepare plan documents as required by the IRS and DOL.
- Prepare the Summary Plan Description required to be distributed to plan participants.
Learn about the Art of Customized Plan Design
Download our Retirement Plan Road Map
- We perform the following services in order to provide for smooth and efficient plan operation:
- Maintain participant vested percentage records.
- Determine eligibility for allocation of employer contributions and forfeitures.
- Allocate employer and employee contributions.
- Allocate plan earnings.
- Allocate forfeitures, if applicable.
- Distribution processing: Calculation of distribution amount, preparation of required distribution notices, release forms and IRS Form 1099-R.
- Loan processing: Set up of loan accounts, preparation of promissory note and amortization schedule and tracking loan repayments.
- Hardship withdrawal processing: Determination of hardship distribution amount and preparation of application forms.
- Reconcile trust accounts.
- Prepare participant statements.
- Monitor participants who are required to receive age 70½ distributions.
Qualified Retirement Plan Audits – What Your TPA Needs to Know
Our professional staff has the knowledge and expertise to help keep your retirement plan in compliance with federal laws and regulations and, should violations occur, we provide you with methods of correction:
- Contribution deductibility calculations (§404).
- Annual additions testing (§415).
- Top heavy testing (§416).
- Coverage testing (§410(b)).
- ADP/ACP testing (applicable to 401(k) plans).
- Preparation of IRS Form 5500 and related schedules.
- Preparation of Summary Annual Report for participants.
- Plan amendments, terminations, & mergers.
- Assist with IRS and DOL audits.
- Provide assistance with plan design changes.
- Conduct special plan or participant benefit studies or projections
Read about our TPA Super Powers!
TriStar Pension Consulting | 405-848-401k | email@example.com